Cliftonville’s 125th Anniversary strip has secured its place in the last 16 of our Away Kit Battle.
All jerseys which missed out in the opening phase are being given a shot at redemption and, after landing 60% of this weekend’s vote, the Green & Silver effort is safely through at the second time of asking.
All of which means that its competitor – the Lime Green & Navy stripes from 1999/00 – has been beaten again but, as part of our effort to ensure that no kit falls victim to mere misfortune of the draw, it could yet qualify for the next round by virtue of the number of votes it received in comparison with its fellow defeated strips throughout July.
As we bid to compile the definitive list of the Club’s best and worst away kits of the last 30 years, everyone will naturally have their own favourite efforts and, with just a few days to wait until our next second chance saloon, have you decided which strip you’d vote for out of any given combination?
Last 16 Qualifiers to date
1: Gold & Green (1997/98)
2. Yellow & Blue (2003/04)
3. Argentina Stripes (1996/97)
4. Shamrock Fades (2018/19, 2019/20)
5. Yellow & Black (2014/15, 2015/16)
6. All Black (v CSKA Sofia, July 2010)
7. Green & White (2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14)
8. Yellow & Navy (1993/94)
9. Green & Navy Stripes (1994/95)
10. White & Red (2008/09)
11. Yellow & Black Hoops (1998/99)
12. Yellow & Blue (1990/91, 1991/92, 1992/93)
13. Green & Silver (2004/05, 2005/06, 2006/07)