Cliftonville supporters have nominated the Club’s most recent away strip as their favourite ever.
Following a thorough voting process designed to bridge the gap between the end of one season and start of another, the Shamrock-clad White & Green reverse sported between 2018 and earlier this year has come out on top, just ahead of the Premier League-winning Gold & Green from 1997/98 in an undertaking that saw thousands of votes cast across a series of head-to-heads over recent months.
Every away top since 1990, when replica ownership became more commonplace, was scrutinised in our poll, which was also used to assign each jersey an overall ranking – spelling bad news for the Navy & Green striped Diadora ensemble from the 1995/96 campaign, which finished rock bottom, just behind Rossco’s paler version of the same design.
Though no other specific colour correlations can be drawn from the finalised line-up, it’s worth noting that the highest-placed Yellow & Blue effort – a combination often cited as a favourite of the Red Army – was the Spall strip from 1990-1993, which came in fifth, while the most recent such kit (2009/10) wound up fourth from last.
Another noteworthy outcome saw the one-off black reverse worn for the Europa League encounter with CSKA Sofia in 2010 – and which, as such, did not technically qualify as a bona fide away kit – finish in a credible 15th place out of the 20 styles that fell under our spotlight.
Whether it was the away strip the Reds wore in your first season following them across the land, or you made your decisions based on a favourite player synonymous with a particular kit, trophy success, colour preference or pure aesthetic, we thank every single supporter for their contribution to our polls over the last few months and playing their part in helping us compile a definitive list of Cliftonville’s best and worst change strips.
The Red Army’s Away Kit Rankings
1: Shamrock Fades (2018-2020) – View
2: Gold & Green (1997/98) – View
3. Green Shades (2016-2018) – View
4. Green & White (2011-2014) – View
5. Yellow & Blue (1990-1993) – View
6. White & Red (2008/09) – View
7. Green & Navy Stripes (1994/95) – View
8. Luminous Yellow & Black Hoops (1998/99) – View
9. Yellow & Black (2014-2016) – View
10. Green & White (2000-2003) – View
11. Blue & White (1996/97) – View
12. Yellow & Blue (2003/04) – View
13. Purple (2010/11) – View
14. Yellow & Navy (1993/94) – View
15. Black (2010) – View
16. Green & Silver (2004-2007) – View
17. Yellow & Blue (2009/10) – View
18. White & Green (2007/08) – View
19. Lime Green & Navy (1999/00) – View
20. Green & Navy Stripes (1995/96) – View